Saturday, June 23, 2007

Hello...... LP!!........ is anybody home?


Does the Libertarian Party want to win?

I've always referred to my self as "little l" libertarian because I never joined the party. I voted for Libertarian candidates when I thought they had the best platform.

I think the philosophy of The Libertarian Party is grand, but I'm not sure I like their campaign strategy. Or lack thereof, as it would seem.

I've offered to do interviews with candidates who know I may have a slight tendency to support Libertarian Candidates.

I've only offered to interview Libertarians (except for 1 time). They've all either not gotten back to me, said they would accept but didn't answer the questions I spent time writing. George Phillies, whom I continue to support (not just because of the interview, I like his politics) is the exception, and I appreciate the fact that he answered the questions.

Is it too much to ask that a candidate who is running to answer 10 questions?

One Libertarian Candidate held my questions for 2 months, and then the day before the election sent them back. Of course then the campaign posted the questions and answers on their myspace blog and official blog, but didn't link me. I never posted the interview. He finished 8th, in a 10 person race.

Now I wish they hadn't gotten back to me at all.

Hey Libertarian Party..... yeah, I'm talking to you! Its me "Lil l - libertarian". I'm the guy that sent you money 2 weeks ago, but have yet to get my card or a thank you or anything. Do you have to ship the LP Membership cards from Taiwan? I'm no big-barrel blogger (I usually have around 400 people read my blogs between thegblog and myspace), but I'd like to think someone who doesn't have the ability to fire back criticism that I do would be treated better. As far as you knew when I joined, thats who I was.

I'm the guy who has sent email after email, without response for 3 months now.

I'm also the guy who joined as a founding delegate to Unity 08. I actually spoke skeptically about this organization to begin with, but it appears they have stepped up to the plate.

I've had comments on my "official" blog from Unity08 representatives. Not just comments, but questions and responses, and requests for feedback. I've been called by the organization 1 time, and get a weekly email or two. I like politics, so its not overwhelming to me.

So ship up LP, your platform is heavily based on the benefits of competition. We're about to see how you handle the thing that I agree makes America Great.

Are you ready for a change LP? I, and many of my friends are. We're trying to pick you up by the boot-strap, but you've to got to do some of this by yourself.