Saturday, May 5, 2007

Blogging To Change America!!

If I told you that I had the answers to most of the world’s current problems, would you care to listen??????

Well, I’ve got it, and for $free.99 (I stole that from a Kanye song, sorry) I’ll share my secret.

Its respect. Its that simple.

I’m sure that each and everyone of you could find many things to disagree with me about. I encourage that. Maybe you can change my mind (probably not). I try to respect your position, and I hope you respect mine. That doesn’t mean either of us is evil. Most of us want the same thing (A peaceful, healthy and prosperous world), sometimes we just have different ideas about how to achieve the objective.

When I started this blog, I wanted to open up a forum for debate. Yeah, I’m more conservative than liberal on a lot of things, but I’m more liberal than conservative on others. I hoped this wouldn’t be like many of the other conservative blogs (I’m a Libertarian, for the record), where it generally resorts to name calling and motive accusations.

I don’t really see the same trend in many of the more liberal blogs I read, and that makes me feel bad for the conservative movement. Usually when its there on the liberal blogs, its one of those conservative profiles doing the accusing and name calling.

Senator Barry Goldwater’s movement deserves more than this!

Recently, I’ve had some trouble with one of my readers (I’m not going to promote him, but if you read my blogs, you know who I’m talking about), who I personally think is a fraud. I know, I know, I’ve had several people tell me this, and I’d already “outed” him on his blog (he took those posts down). I’ve sent several messages to this profile, and he’s yet to come clean.

Either way, I wish he’d pick on someone else.

If he’s a fraud, then this isn’t the type of place he should be concentrating on. I promote debate here.

If he’s for real, its still a joke. But either way, its not funny. I laid into him pretty hard, because I want to send a message that this type of thing isn’t tolerated here.

Anyway, I implore my conservative friends to discuss the issues. Name calling will never convince someone of your position. I’d give the same advice to my liberal friends as well.

From what I’ve seen, most of us LOVE IT and would never want to LEAVE IT so we all need to figure out a way to make the American Experiment a more perfect union, the goal our founding fathers shared.

As always, thanks for the comments, keep them coming!!
Make sure to visit The-G-Blog on the net