Thursday, May 10, 2007

Unity 08: Could This Be The Ticket?

The-G-Blog has noticed a trend among the readers here.

A lot of people seem to be unhappy with both major parties, no matter what your persuasion.

I’d say that these people have very good reasons, and I’d tell them I’d agree with them on a lot of them.

And then I hear “Ron Paul can’t win. Gravel, won’t get the nomination. Libertarians don’t have a chance.

Well, now I think we may be able to fight back.

During some of the comments on one of my blogs, one of my readers mentioned she wished there was a better way. I suggested to her what I’m now suggesting to you.

Go to Unity08.com. It appears they are going to have their own nomination process, and delegates will be selecting a unity ticket to run for President. I’m not aware of any candidates endorsing this “unity ticket” yet, but I’m sure as the candidates start falling off the Republican or Democrat consciousness, they may be willing to make a new home.

How about a Gravel-Paul Ticket? How about Christine Todd-Whitman and Former Senator Sam Nunn? It could happen, with the Unity Ticket.

I’ve lurked around the site some, and it still looks like they’re still getting things figured out. I saw a moderator disrespect a delegate in one of the forums, but I suppose that kind of thing will happen at the beginning.

Could this be what people are looking for? I think its too early to tell, but its worth some research.

If you decide that you do wish to become a “founding delegate”, please send me a message, because I’d like to get credit for the referral (I wouldn’t get money, but I’d hopefully be able to use the referrals to gather more information to share with you). I'd send you a form email, and you could take it from there.

They’re on myspace as well, and I’ve sent a request for more information. No response yet, but, like I said, its still early.

As always, let me know what you think. Remember, I’m not endorsing this ticket, and I’ve stated many times that I’m a Libertarian.

I’m just trying to live up to my reputation as “the most independent political blog on the net”!!