Monday, May 21, 2007

The LP Candidate Forum

Tonight I listened intently as the majority of Libertarian Presidential candidates discussed their views in a forum on blogtalkradio.

It was very interesting to hear the candidates discuss the issues. This was not a debate. Each candidate had 6 minutes to present their appeal to Libertarians everywhere

I agree with Daniel Myers from Politics One that Wayne Allen Root definitely presented the best case tonight, though I'd be concerned at how seriously a "reality show" candidate would be taken by the media, members of the LP, and the American People.

But it could get the message out, like nothing else has. I'm really not sure about this one, but its worth discussing I guess

I'd say Dr. Phillies comfortably took the 2nd place position, and Bob Jackson was a closer-than-expected (for me anyway) third.

Christine Smith wasn't there, and the man reading her speech didn't seem make the case perhaps she could have. The speech, to me was too general. Libertarians want to know the issues. Of course, maybe I should give her the benefit of the doubt since she wasn't there.

In any event, it was great to hear the candidates speak. I look forward to more of this in the future. Libertarians should take advantage of the Democrats and Republicans early start.

All the candidates have plenty of time now to show why neither of the other parties is working for America anymore.

I'm going to try to get the rebroadcast on my blog. Until then, click the blogtalkradio link here or above to be taken to the site where it aired.