Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Next Generation Of Politics

I've been blogging for about 2 months now, and I can tell you I have met some of the smartest, most interesting people in our country here on the Internet. Every comment, positive or negative has made an impact on me, and even if I don't respond, know I read them. I'm constantly re-evaluating my positions on the issues, and I'd ask you to do the same.

One of the more interesting people that I've communicated with is Daniel Myers. Daniel is the host of a blogtalkradio show and publishes a blog, both of which are called "Politics One".

Daniel interviews candidates from all parties, and independent, on what I think is a personal quest to help get political candidates' ideas out to people who might not otherwise hear them. He also talks about the issues, and allows people to call in to his shows.

He was the sole political analyst on the blogtalkradio show that hosted the Libertarian Party Forum the other night. He's listed on Mike Gravels' Official website. He's interviewed most of the major Libertarian candidates, and many of the independents running for President on his radio show. I'd say he knows more about politics than just about anyone reading this, and I'm including myself!!

Oh yeah.......And he's only 16.

I wanted to ask 10 questions of Daniel, hopefully so he could tell us if he thought other people his age are turned off by politics, and see if he could tell us why he obviously was not. Thankfully, he answered my questions, and I want to share them with you:

1: When did you first become interested in politics?

When my dad first ran for public office, I was 10 years old. I learned a lot about politics on the local level at that time, and since that point (7 years ago) I have now learned more about Politics than most people have as an adult.

2: Tell us about your first radio show: How old were you? How did it go?

My first radio show was conducted on March of this year, I only had about 9 LIVE Listeners and only about
22 Archived. Today I average 65 LIVE Listeners and about 2,000 Archived

3: How are your grades? (sorry, I have to ask this one!!)

I have been a straight A Student up until my 8th grade year I made my first B. When I got into High School my grades kept the same except in Science, I normally average a low B High C.

4: Do you think you'll ever run for office?

I would be surprised if I didn't. I believe I can do a lot in the Communications Part of it, but I would love to serve in Political Office.

5: Generally, how would you describe your political views?

My Blog, Show, Myspace, and everything I do with Politics One, is strictly Bi-Partisan. That's something you wont see from a lot of Political People. You have Conservatives, Liberals, and then you have the "Bi-Partisan" Independents. I am neither. I strictly give you the POSITIVE, NEGATIVE, and Inside Scoop on all parties and people. However my views do tend to be slightly Conservative.

6: Do you have a hero, someone you look up to in the radio or political world?

Honestly, No. I have never really had a hero in Politics other than my Father.

7: Do you think most people your age care about politics? Why or Why not?

If you would have asked me this question 5-10 years ago the answer would have been NO, however I feel that teenagers and other young adults are beginning to realize that everything we know is ran by the Government, Education, Taxes, Social Security, Health Care, Civil Rights is all in the hands of our Government. And the only way to change the Government is to change Politics.

8: If the Presidential election was today, who do you think would win?

Giuliani. I think Rudy Giuliani would win because people see Compassion and Commitment in him. He is not a career politician, he isn't someone who has been in DC voting against what the people want and voting for what the people don't want.

9: Tell us about the most interesting radio show you've done:

The most Interesting radio show would have to be when I interviewed an Independent running for President who wanted to turn America back to the ways of Camelot. That was the best just for the laughs.

10: What do you think is the most important issue in politics today?

Immigration. Some might say National Security, but my response to that is take care of Immigration and you'll get rid of half our National Security Problems.

----------------------

Agree or disagree with what he says on the radio, you can't deny the passion he has for politics. Listen to his shows and you'll see what I mean. When I was his age, the last thing I thought about was the national debt, illegal immigration, party politics or anything related to politics at all. He talks about these issues every Tuesday and Thursday.

Daniel's answer to question number 7 (Do you think most people your age care about politics? ) surprised me. Pleasantly I must say.

Maybe the next generation will be the one to turn politics around, so it works for the people again. I'd like to do it now, but maybe its our destiny to set the stage.

Either way, Daniel Myers has gotten one heck of a head start.

Politicsone.blogspot.com blogtalkradio.com/politicsone