Tuesday, May 22, 2007

John Bootie: The-G-Blog Interview

When I posted the interview with Dr. George Phillies, I got a few emails from other hopefuls wishing to get their message out.

In the interest of being independent, I conducted an e-interview with John Bootie, who is running as an independent for President.

I emailed 10 questions (in red) and I did not tamper with his answers.

Notice, I do not endorse anyone for president...Yet.

I just want to make sure people who want to make a change get their word out.


1: Why are you running for President?


When I was growing up it was a boy's dream to be president or astronaut or baseball player. I believe in the saying either your one of the sources of the problem or your one of the causes of a problem.. I believe I have the ability to do this Job as well as and I believe even better than the candidates I have seem say their running so far... I am not saying I have more experience I am saying I believe we honestly need New Blood in the Office. Someone who is not a so called insider.

2: How would you be the next Lincoln-Reagan?

Lincoln and Reagan were servants to the People as I will be. I also see in their service to the People they relied heavily on Prayer, the Bible, and GOD to make the hard decisions. I believe that the 3 of us have one very rare virtue COMMONSENSE.. I have a PhD. in Commonsense. from the School of Life.

Lincoln served with Great Humility and Reagan served with wit and charm to get the JOB done. Both men and I have always believed this Nation is the greatest Nation on earth and want to keep it that way.

3: Tell us why your different than other candidates running?

I am single so I can devote my entire energies to the Office. I am a fiscally responsible, Social Conservative, Ultra Conservative when it comes to money, and Hard Line when it comes to this Nations defense.. I am Willing to make the Hard choices no matter the Political winds or what polls say. And as I have said in my profile, if I didn't TRY to make the changes I run ON. I wouldn't run again. This doesn't mean if I can't get them done because of partisan politics. I know their will be a hard fought fight to get this government on a new track for reform. I just hope these people in Washington are ready for a guy like me.

4: If you had to vote for one Democrat and one Republican currently running for President, who would your vote be for?

I would not Vote for any Democrat that is running so far but if Zell Miller (GA) were to run. I would vote for him in a heart beat. As for the Republican candidates so far. It would at the minute probably be Mitt Romney, it is way to early to tell what the political winds will do.

5: What would be your immigration policy, if you were elected?

I would Request For a period of 6 month's (NO visas) Shut the border to legal and Illegal Entry. Then Start the Fence with the funds that are available to it. And request more. Then after we have a Handle on legal Entry (Yes I know it will take more than 6 months to build the fence) we can open the border to LEGAL entry.. During the Six month's I would Start my Special US Attorney I campaigned on to start Legal Proceedings including Prison time, against any Judges, Mayors, States, Attorneys, Employers that have either professed to have safe havens or that just don't enforce the Laws as they are on the books.. I don't believe we need to write new ones. We just need to enforce the ones we have... Along with this I would start work on revoking any and all free programs directed at ILLEGAL ALIENS... This is only part of my border plans. sorry long winded.


6: How do you feel about the war on drugs?

I honestly haven't seem much results. But to be honest I am not in a position to be in the loop on subjects like this.... YET..... I do see that we have a long way to go with respect to ending the access to Illegal DRUGS.. I would have to get a whole NEW understanding as to just how bad it really is. And Act from there. This may sound short sighted but in the case of the drugs and our people. I need more information.


7: Would you support The Fair Tax?

Yes but I also have Tax Idea's: I am Big on the Flat Tax Idea: I want to explore getting the Congress to do away with the IRS as it is today and Go to the Flat Tax system... Probably Estimating 17 or 18% Federal, 4 or 5% State, and 1 or 1 1/2% Local. (our local County is a flat tax system Lancaster County Pa)


8: If you could repeal one constitutional amendment, and replace it with a new one, what would they be?

I can't say I would repeal any of the Constitution or the amendments. But I would say the free speech amendment needs re-written. It needs clarification.. First off their is nothing in the Constitution to even draw question to free speech.. The fact is today most people have Never read the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence. It's clear "Congress shall NOT enact laws governing the free speech of people". It's so clear that people are not able to just say anything they wish. As in Yelling Fire in a crowded building or saying Bomb in an Airport or on a plane.

9: How do you feel about government and religion?

I am A Born Again Christian.. And Proud TO say it that way.... I believe there is a problem in the belief's of people today. when it comes to Church and Government. The federalist papers were addressing the State Of Connecticut when Jefferson wrote about church and state. He was addressing the State endorsing a church and he was addressing the problems there of. I honestly believe he never wanted the total separation of the Church from the Government or everyday life.


10: What would you say to people who say you can't win?

I have said it already. I put my total trust in GOD to see me through this. I have asked him to close doors and he opened more doors. I am and will always include GOD in every step of this campaign and my years in office as President. I know it's a daunting and Huge Up hill battle with having No past political experience or past Name recognition. But these both can be valuable assets as well. I am running as an Independent just because of the nay Sayers, I know when the primaries are over I wouldn't be able to continue if in a party.
------------------------------

Let John know what you think. You can visit his website or his myspace profile and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Let me know what you think about the interview and Mr. Bootie as well. As always, your participation is key to this process